To have eternal life it is essential that you trust Jesus Christ as Savior and that you acknowledge him to be the Lord of your life. If you are not sure that you have settled this matter with God, prayerfully reflect on the following scriptures:
- Romans 3:23-All have sinned.
- Romans 6:23-Eternal life is a free gift from God.
- Romans 5:8- Because of love, Jesus paid the death penalty for your sins.
- Romans 10;9-10- Confess Jesus as Lord and believe God raised him from the dead.
- Romans 10:13-Ask God to save you and he will.
To place your faith in Jesus and receive his gift of eternal life you must:
- Recognize that you are a sinner in need of a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Confess (agree with God) about your sins.
- Repent of your sins (turn from sin to God, relying on God’s strength to help you).
- Ask Jesus to save you by his grace.
- Turn over the rule in your life to Jesus: let him be your Lord.
If you need help with this decision, ask your pastor or a Christian friend.